reading bad fanfiction is like listening to the kidz bop version of your favourite song
and on the third day jesus rose and said “Surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you’d seen the last of me.”
9 week old puppy in 10 inches of snow.
HERE IT IS! The FULL LENGTH TRAILER!
Okay, Teen Wolf fandom. As usual, the Teen Wolf team missteps and ruins good ol’ fashioned continuity. I understand that they were most likely trying to make something really cool by putting character birthdays in the official 2014 Teen Wolf calendar, however, the birthdays are wrong. (At least some of them are wrong.)
I made a post awhile ago titled, "Teen Wolf Character Ages: For Continuity", you may have seen it before. The post put together a few facts and got the character’s birthdays and some ages sorted out.
This post is going to do the same, except it’ll be a little more updated. Here we go.
Scott McCall: 16 years old as stated in 1x12.
- Scott was born either October 6th orSeptember 16th
- In episode 1x12, Derek states that Scott is 16 years old.
*In Teen Wolf The Hunt (Official Teen Wolf Facebook game), Scott’s birthday is listed as October 6th.
* The 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar lists Scott’s birthday as September 16th.
Stiles Stilinski: 17 years old
- Stiles was born on April 8th.
- On April 8th, 2013, MTVteenwolf tweeted out #HappyBirthdayStilesStilinski.
- This birthday also matches up with the the birthday that was listed on Stiles’ social media page in Teen Wolf’s official Facebook game (The Hunt).
There is still some debate over whether or not Stiles is 16 or 17 years old. However, canon evidence points to Stiles being 17 years old.
Canon Driver’s License Evidence:
*We know for a FACT that you have to be at least 16 years old to get your driver’s license in the Teen Wolf Universe’s California because Erica stated in 2x11 that she had just turned 16 and that she wanted to get her license. This meant that she couldn’t get her license at 15.
This means that Stiles could NOT have been 15 years old in season one and turned 16 in season two, because Stiles already had his driver’s license in season one.
That being said, Stiles was 16 years old in season one, and turned 17 years old in April 2011 (Teen Wolf’s current year).
*In 3x02, Stiles says to Heather that he has yet to turn 17 years old, however, this obviously was just a joke to avoid having to admit that he too was a 17 year old virgin.
*Stiles’ birthday is listed as June 6th on the 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar. This is incorrect.
Lydia Martin: 17 years old
- Lydia was born on March 19th.
- Lydia had her birthday party on the Worm Moon (a.k.a the full moon of March) in season two. This is also the same full moon that Peter resurrected himself.
- Since Teen Wolf is set in 2011, we can use a website to look back at full moons that took place in 2011, and what date they took place.
- The full moon of March 2011, took place on Saturday, March 19th.
*She is 17 years old because, like Stiles, had her driver’s license in season one (January 2011-February 2011). So she was 16 years old in season one, then turned 17 in season two.
*Lydia’s birthday is listed as being on November 22nd on the 2014 Teen Wolf calendar. This is incorrect.
Allison Argent: 17 years old as stated in 1x05.
- Allison’s birthday took place in season one (set January 2011-February 2011) and she admitted that she was 17 years old.
- Since Allison’s birthday took place prior to Lydia’s birthday (March 19th), which means that Allison’s birthday is sometime in January or February.
*Allison’s birthday is listed as being October 16th on the 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar. This is incorrect.
Derek Hale: around 25 years old in human years.
- Derek was born on either November 7th or December 25th
*Derek’s date of birthday was listed on his driver’s license as November 7th, 1988. However, Jeff said Derek’s driver’s license was fake. (Still unknown why he had a fake driver’s license with a fake birthday, but his real name.)
*In episode 3x08 (Derek’s flashback episode), Derek was 15 years old in human years. This episode took place about 10 years prior to the current date in Teen Wolf (2011).
If we do some simple math, this would mean that Derek is currently around 25 years old or younger.
*Derek’s birthday is listed as December 25th on the 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar. Since we having nothing to go on, i’d put this as canon. Hooray. Derek is a Christmas baby!
Peter Hale: 35 years old in human years.
- Peter was most likely born on October 27th, 1976.
- The Teen Wolf “In Memoriam” video lists Peter’s year of birth as being 1976, which means that Peter is 35 years old in canon Teen Wolf (2011).
*The 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar is unreliable, however, until the show otherwise tells us, Peter was born on Oct. 27th.
Isaac Lahey: 15-17 years old.
- Isaac was born on either September 22nd or February 27th
*Since we have nothing to go on from the show, we have to turn to Teen Wolf: The Hunt, and the 2014 Teen Wolf calendar.
*Teen Wolf: The Hunt, lists Isaac’s birthday as September 22nd.
*The 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar lists Isaac’s birthday as February 27th.
Erica Reyes: 16 years old.
- Erica was born sometime in February.
*Erica stated in 2x11 that she had just turned 16 years old “a month ago” and that she wanted to get her license.
Since 2x11 was after 2x09 (the episode of Lydia’s birthday party, MARCH), this means that 2x11 was set in March 2011. This means that Erica turned 16 in February.
*The 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar doesn’t even mention her birthday.
Vernon Boyd: 15-17 years old.
*Boyd’s birthday was listed as Janurary 15th in Teen Wolf: The Hunt.
*Boyd’s age was listed at 17 years old on the missing persons flyer in 3x01, however, the same flyer listed Erica as being 17 years old as well, which was incorrect. The flyer is unreliable.
*The 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar doesn’t even mention his birthday.
Other character birthdays, as told by the 2014 Teen Wolf Calendar:
- Sheriff Stilinski: January 19th
- Melissa McCall: July 8th
- Danny Mahealani: February 9th
- Ethan and Aiden: September 30th
So there you have it, Teen Wolf fandom. All the birthdays that actually make sense, as proved by canon details. Don’t worry about the Calendar, because you can just use this guide if you wish.
Hopefully Jeff sees this and uses it to his advantage. I doubt it, but whatever. Thank god i’m a nerd who pays attention to these things.
#my deepeST HOPE#for these two#is that their journey goes along the same path#spiralling into the darkness#and coming out on the other side#having HELPED each other through it#because it seems like no one’s going to totally get what Stiles is going through#it’s obviously going to affect him in this HUGE way#and who better than the person who has been through the most shit in town nay the WORLD#to be slowly MAYBE getting their shit together#and seeing a friend losing it#and having their back#and protectecting them#cos whether these two scenes have been put together intentionally or not#you know subtext: Stiles is losing it; Derek is sliding in to defend him#IDK#either WAY#i would like for Derek to SEE that Stiles is going through a rough time#and in the same way Stiles has helped Derek#protected Derek#Derek could do the same#it won’t be shippy because LOL LBR JD JUST WON’T EVER#shots fired yadiyada#but it could just be that they go from unwilling allies to genuine friends#going along similar routes and dealing with it together#w/e in my head canon of a happy future Stiles will steal pillows from the hospital to take home#and be like ‘they match your eyes when you get turned on’#BAHA (via stilinskisparkles)
I AM SCREAMING